HELLO MY LOVELIES!
As you may be aware I am not a solely beauty blogger but I thought this would be a great opportunity to show you all some VEGAN products which have just been launched at The Body Shop. The Body Shop are popular, mainly due to their ‘Forever Against Animal Testing’ policy along with their Cruelty Free and Growing Community Trade policies.
Being a blogger has it’s perks. If you’re lucky a brand may contact you and offer to send you a free product to review and keep or maybe they will even pay you! One perk I do want to explore more in 2018 is Blogger Events. Some brands are excellent in engaging with the blogging community and one brand that is getting more involved with bloggers is The Body Shop.
Yes, that high street staple of great quality beauty and skin products that has committed to being against animal cruelty! It’s a brand I know I can trust for fun products that are beautifully scented and is against animal cruelty.
So when I randomly came across a Facebook post in a bloggers group asking for any local bloggers who wanted to come to a blogger evening in Highcross, Leicester, I jumped at the chance! I’ve not been to many blogger events as most of them are held in London or larger cities, so this was a real treat to have one in my own town – Leicester!
It was a really fun evening, filled with product demos, makeup and skincare consultation and lots of goodies. I bought few products (of course) and they were also kind enough to gift a few as well. We’ll get to that in a second, but first I’d like to tell you about the event itself.
The staff in the shop (and I’m sure across all the over The Body Shop stores) are so helpful and friendly and their customer service is second to none. Another great element to the evening was chatting to other local bloggers. It was great to have an opportunity to find other local like minded people and find out that there is more than just me who blogs in my area. I’m looking forward to their next event to get to catch up with them!
The evening was planned out by the staff at the store and we were split into a group of two and rotated around 3 different areas; skincare, body, and makeup!
We were shown the skincare range by The Body Shop, and the benefits of each one and how the variety of the skincare range tries to target as many people as possible! We were also shown the NEW VEGAN face masks which had the most amazing feel when tested on my skin!
We were told about the different skin types each person could have, and that most people get their skin type wrong! So we got to take a test on each other! The serum test allows you to find out if you’re skin is oily or not, depending on the result, it lets you know whether your skin type is dry, oily or a combination! You put one test on the forehead and the other on the cheek, and these were the results! – Mine is the middle one, so mine appeared quite dry – however I feel like mine is a combination depending on the weather and The Body Shop consultant agreed with me!
We were also able to test the vegan products in the skincare range, and as we applied the products on the back of our hands, we got to have a real feel of the texture of each product! The Mediterranean Almond Milk with Oats Instant Soothing Mask below was my favourite to try!
We were introduced to the Spa of the World™ Japanese Camellia Cream and were all given a hand/forearm massage to get a real feel of the cream! She applied the cream and then used circular motions which felt amazing! Our consultant also gave us a spritz of the perfume of our choice, I chose White Musk!
The last station to visit was makeup! Our consultant picked out a range of products for each bit when applying makeup, such as a primer, CC cream, lipgloss, eyeshadow, highlighter etc!
We were shown each product and were given a feel as well! We then proceeded to take part in a face chart! We all got to apply makeup on a piece of paper and it was so much fun! It was a chance for people to let out their creative side and also we got to see the variety of faces made at the end!
I chose to go for a nude look, it’s something simple and elegant! We were also told that when applying makeup, if we are to spritz The Body Shop’s Face Mist’s onto our brushes, it makes application of the products much easier – obviously on the skin, on paper it made clumps and wet patches hahah!
All in all, it was a fun evening! The evening ended with kindly being gifted with goodie bags!
Each bag had a personalised touch with our names on the back, and the goodies inside were a great treat!
Inside the goodie bag contained:
- Coconut Hand Cream – £5
- Coconut Lip Butter – £4.50
- A sample of the Oils of Life™ Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil – £30 (for full size!)
- A sample of the Mediterranean Almond Milk with Oats Instant Soothing Mask – £17 (for full size!)
- A sample of the Tea Tree Oil – £8.50 (for full size!)
- An invitation for a free haircare consultation in store – too much was packed into the hour of the evening that there wasn’t enough time for haircare, so they invited us for whenever is convenient for us!
- An invitation for a free skincare consultation in store – this is mostly for if you had more questions about your skincare and if you wanted a one to one with a consultant to help you find the right products for your skin!
Of course I couldn’t leave without buying something! I had my eye on a few things prior to this evening, but I was desperate to get my hands on these products after my fun-filled evening!
What I Bought:
- Vitamin E Eyes Cube – £9.50 – A refreshing anti-fatique eye stick with protective vitamin E and wheatgerm oil. A gentle, easy-glide application that moisturises, cools and instantly revives the appearance of tired eyes. Formulated with protective vitamin E and moisturising wheatgerm oil. You can use this as part of your personalised skincare programme!
- Tea Tree Anti-Imperfection Daily Solution – £13 – This lightweight daily solution helps combat blemishes and improves the overall condition of skin. Enriched with Community Trade tea tree oil, it helps skin look and feel purified, clearer and mattified, with imperfections* appearing reduced. *Tone, texture and oiliness
- Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Toner – £6.50 – The Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Toner helps skin looks visibly clearer and tone in one step. Enriched with Community Trade tea tree oil, with shake-to-activate mattifying powders, this toner leaves skin feeling clean, refreshed and visibly clearer. You should use after cleansing to remove any residual traces of make-up and impurities, which can clog the pores.
I think I have now reaffirmed my love for The Body Shop and I’m sure you will too when you next visit a The Body Shop store!
I hope you guys enjoyed this blog post, don’t forget to like and follow my blog! 💗
Are you a fan of The Body Shop? What are your opinions of the skincare range? Talk to me in the comments below! 🥰
Huge thanks to The Body Shop for inviting me, this blog is NOT sponsored and as always, all opinions are my own.